Thirty things I’d like to accomplish before I turn 30. I put it here so the internet might hold me accountable.
- Finish a WordPress based choose-your-own adventure theme that I’ve been working on (intermittently) with my sister for the past few months…
- Finish a WordPress theme for composers / solo musicians that I’ve been working on with some musicians over the past year or so…
- Finish my eBook about WordPress for artists and the accompanying theme that I’ve been working on for the past year…
- Go on a long backpacking trip. The Wonderland trail would be nice.
Get a passport Use my passport Work at some other place for a few weeks or a month via Airbnb or other arrangements.
- Successfully brew my own beer. Successful means it actually tastes good
- ████████ (redacted for privacy)
- Visit D.C. and New York
████████ (redacted because it’s a surprise) Get (either buy or rent) a home that can support a large enough table to host ongoing game nights. Host them.
- Learn how to do letterpress printing and do a reasonable run of nerdy greeting cards
- Convert one of these little hobby things into a second income stream. Actual dollar amount is irrelevant for the purposes of this goal. Should be reasonably self sustaining and steady.
- ████████ (redacted because it’s personal)
- Get something funded on kickstarter
- Actually write the letter to BSA and send it.
- Plan costs, itinerary, and logistics for a through-hike of the PCT — including what it would take to get it funded via kickstarter
- Take a class. Any class. Writing, typography, graphic design, computer sci, whatever.
- Pay off truck
Pay off student loans
- Have at least a three month cushion in savings as defined by whatever my expenses are when I turn 30.
Through-hike the Wildwood Trail (It’s kind of cheating, because I was already planning to do this, before devising this list. I don’t care, I want the quick win)
- Get good photos/headshots taken for gravatar, twitter, speaker headshots, etc.
- Learn the basic of Adobe After Effects and make something cool.
- Get a dog.
Migrate all of my sites to an nginx unmanaged host. Read 30 books Don’t touch a computer for a week
- … undecided